Tuesday 18 June 2013

Reality vs Pinterest!

So it's no secret that I'm a little bit addicted to Pinterest....ok a lot addicted!!

I saw this pin the other day which made me laugh a little too loud....you see I've recently had my own nailed it moments with activities I set up for the little man.

I am trying to reduce both our screen time (more on that on another post) and do more activities with him so firstly thought we could try sticking foam shapes to our glass doors with water (very brave inside don't you think!!).  Well this worked ok for about 30 seconds before he wanted to just paint the door with water and nothing else and then dragged me to the cupboard to get the actual paint out!!!  I thought I can cope with this....and spontaneously with no care for my kitchen got some paint out (only 3 colours mind) and let him paint the big cardboard box that we had been playing with.  Oh yes this was more like it he thought....until he got some paint on his hands and then he was not best pleased.  I managed to clean it off and he painted some more but his heart wasn't in it and was soon back in the living room playing with his toys whilst I was looking calm and serene like the people who write the blogs with these ideas on them - more like a frazzled mess!!!!

And today I tried to do this activity here - I had to improvise in some ways as we apparently don't have any water animals other than a couple of bath toys and a slightly out of proportion frog but I had quite a nice selection to play with and my blue water was something else.






Now note that one of the little guys on this post played with this for MOST OF THE DAY.  My little man lasted 2 minutes before he wanted to play in the shed instead.

As the initial link says....Nailed it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment