Friday 21 June 2013

Facebook Free Friday

A friend recently said that she tried to have a Facebook free Friday.  I thought this sounded like a brilliant idea particularly as I'm a tad hooked on FB and spend far too much time checking it.  I do love it though as it's a great way to keep in touch with people (and nosy at what everyone is up to without having to do your make up) but it can become all consuming.  In addition to this I am making a concerted effort to turn our telly off during the day as well and I've really noticed a difference with my little mans play; he plays so much better and more focused-ly without the screen on as he appears unable to ignore it!

So what did we do on our free days?

Well the first week we did some shopping and then had a teddy bears picnic in our lounge




The teddies (and mice and frogs and sheep!) lined up for their picnic.  As you can see Kermit had to have a bite!!


Lots of lovely summer fruits for pud

And on our second Friday we prepared for Fathers day with lots of lovely messy baking.....

 Yes that is my kitchen floor covered in flour!!! 

My little helper

The results of our mess - grissini, muffins and carrot cake muffins

And this what we did for little man's daddy - which was very much appreciated :) 




Now I'm not saying we wouldn't have done these things if I hadn't had a facebook free day but it was very nice not to keep checking my phone every five minutes so I will be continuing with this.  It makes you remember how we lived without it!! 

Now I must confess that I'm not following facebook free Friday today as it's my birthday and a birthday girl has to check her messages but I will be back on it next week :) 

Just whilst writing I wanted to share a couple of pics of my rose bushes that are currently in full bloom:


This one is in my front garden - look at those lovely red blooms 



And this is in my back garden and is a particularly special as it sits on the spot where we buried our beloved cat Henry's ashes almost a year ago.  I am so pleased that this rose bush is doing so well.  Still miss our boy so much.  




2 comments:

  1. Firstly where did you get the idea for the frame for Daddy?
    Secondly what's grissindi (sorry if I got that totally wrong I'm not a good chef!)
    Thirdly totally agree and can relate to the facebook thing - I think I might a) steal the idea and b) don't worry I will link you on it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words for the Daddy pic came from Pinterest :)

    Grissini - are Italian breadsticks

    facebook is a love and hate thing for me at the moment (and yep I'm up for linking to you as per your comment on fb!! ) x

    ReplyDelete