Tuesday 11 June 2013

Colourful cushion.... and what to do next?!

I managed to finish my colourful cushion last night.  As I previously mentioned it had worked out to be a bit too big (I think as I measure it with the original cover on which was much thicker than I realised).  I therefore folded down one side and made a border from double crochet and shell stitch which I sewed on top of the join.  I the made some little flowers and leaves from here (have I mentioned how much I love this blog?!).  I sewed the flowers on the border and placed three flower buttons in the centre.  Looks quite cute I think - although not quite as crazy as I thought it would!!  Must try harder next time. 


Another project I've finally finished is my patchwork kitchen curtain.  Quite pleased with it although am not sure I've hung it correctly!!  


So that's most of my big projects done.... :O   Other than the play kitchen which I can't get on with whilst looking after the little man as it's in the garage and he will want to try and help me paint it!!  Also I need some help - so it's a weekend job but it will get done in time.....!  I've also got plans for the old bureau I bought last year but that's for after our holiday I think. 

So I need a crochet project to pick up and put down as and when.  I've looked through my stash and have two distinct groups of colours (I really want to use up what I have before I order more wool!)

These lovely bright funky slightly 70's colours which I think I'm going to make into this crochet bag - see told you I liked this website!! 



But then these more muted colours I think I want to make another granny square blanket - maybe with squares all of one colour - something like this.  Although where I am going to put it lord only knows!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment