Monday 21 October 2013

Meal Plan Monday - 21 October 2013

So autumn is definitely here and as a result I've been wanting to eat more stodge!!!  (like I didn't in the summer!! haha!)

Last week I didn't stick to my meal plan much at all - partly due to the husband being poorly and messing up my plans!! So on Tuesday we had Mash, Fishfingers and spaghetti hoops (why do we not have this more often?!?), Wednesday we had sausage pasta, Thursday and Friday we stuck to the plan but on Saturday night we treated ourselves to fish and chips and yesterday I totally forgot to get the pork out of the freezer so we had ...


Sweet and Sour Chicken and Egg Fried Rice - all home made!!!  This is the egg fried rice recipe and the sweet and sour recipe was from a friend but think I might try the Hairy Bikers version next time as the sauce was missing something.  The mistake was having a bowl full of prawn crackers on the table which the little man thought were the best thing ever and ate them like Bugs Bunny eats carrots!!! 



We finished the meal off with Sticky Toffee Cake from the Clandestine Cake Club cook book which went down very well!! 


I decided to have a go at a balsamic vinegar and red onion bread to show James Martin how it's done!!  And this is the result.  It's lovely although need a bit more balsamic and would have been better cooked separately to the cake as it was a tad under cooked. However it's one of my first experiments rather than following a recipe so I'm quite pleased.

So onto this week and the plan is as follows:

Monday - Meatballs and Pasta
Tuesday - Beef Stew and Sweet Potato Topping
Wednesday - Jamies Meatloaf
Thursday - Smokey Bacon and Tomato Soup and HM Bread
Friday - Sweet Chilli Dogs and Chips
Saturday - out
Sunday - Will try again with the Roast Pork!! 


Also very excitingly it's the first week of our new baking club at the library so I need to do a special bake for that.  And it's the final of GBBO - gonna be a good cake week :) 



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Everything sounds great!
    That Sweet and Sour Chicken and Egg Fried Rice looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete