Monday 16 September 2013

Meal Plan er....Monday! And a big long catch up!!

Oh my dear - haven't I been slack in updating my blog. It's been a crappy few weeks with lack of sleep and various other things going on.  I was hoping to find my cooking mojo in September but I haven't so finding meal planning a bit of a struggle and my very lose plans are subject to change dependent on mood, weather and energy levels.

Although things have been a bit tough... and this has been a regular nightly occurrence once the little man had finally gone to sleep.... 


Things have been happening so here are a few pics to show what I've been up to....

I managed to get two big bags of tomatoes off the market for 30p each and there was nothing for it but to make chutney.  Love chutney!! 


Also managed to make a banana cake with some grungy bananas from the market and some more scones my summer time obsession!!


Cheese Scones and Banana Muffins from the BLW cookbook for the boy who's not overly keen on sandwiches for lunch.  And some left over BBQ beans from this recipe here with a jacket potato



I've hardly made any bread which I'm sad about - I really need a mixer so I can make it more often!  But it's sourdough September so I'm having another go at Cecil.  And he's in the fridge resting but between you and me I really don't think sourdough is for me!!  seems such a faff!




I decided that the little man and I should make gingerbread people after finding the recipe in my book.  I didn't however read the method properly only the ingredients and it turned out not to be the best recipe for a two year old - heat sugar and marg together till it boils!  Mix it all in a hot saucepan!  Then leave it to cool for 30 mins!!  Oh and I had no ginger.  And then when they were cooked they were too hard for the little man to eat!! hehe!!  #mummybakingfail!

The other pic is of this - Italian Drunken Noodles.  And Oh My wasn't it a lovely dinner!! That's another to try again.  I also made this - One Pot Chicken Pasta and that was another fave - even the little man ate a whole plate full and that rarely happens!!


The garden has produced some veg this year - we have lots of ickle pumpkins on the way!  And this is our carrot haul - although we really need to space them out next time.  I picked up a veg book at the car boot the other week so will have a read of that over the winter and make better plans next year.


A bit of a random but after a particularly stressful day I managed to pick up these flowers for £1.32 in tescos one evening.  The roses lasted well over a week and really brightened my kitchen.  I also bought this lovely milk jug and cup from the local jumble sale at the weekend for 50p. I think they are so cute and was a shame they didn't have the other cup but think this will be my new milk jug and sugar bowl.  


And on the craft front (more on another post) I've been thinking a lot about Christmas and had a bit of a splurge in the lovely fabric shop in Felixstowe and bought these lovely fabrics - the dino ones are for the little mans Christmas present and the others are for decorations for Chives Designs




I spent all one evening in front of the Great British Bake Off (are we all watching?!!?  Isn't it fab?  Although a little faffy for me in places) sorting out my wool.  My collection is going down! 


Have become slightly obsessed with crocheting hats!  Might put some up for sale in Chives Designs - watch this space! 






So onto this weeks mealplan (which is what you all came to see!!)

Monday - Satay Chicken Pittas
Tuesday - Meatloaf and BBQ Sauce
Wednesday - Beef Casserole
Thursday - Chicken One Pot Pasta
Friday - HM Pizza
Saturday - Fish, Mash and Veg
Sunday - Roast Chicken.


8 comments:

  1. That chutney looks fab as does everything else!! I love those hats!!
    The meal plan sounds fab!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I do love chutney. And have great plans for the hat obsession!!

      Delete
  2. Cake and wine - there is no better combo! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I came to see the meal plan - and fell in love with the dinosaur fabric. Thanks for a great read, I feel inspired by both cooking and crafting now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fab - I had to buy it!! I have great plans for it so watch this space :) Hope your crafting and cooking goes well x

      Delete
  4. Oops to the gingerbread men. The carrots look brilliant, the do not seem to like my soil and barely grow. Satay chicken pittas sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe - yep the gingerbread men were a total fail but nevermind!! The pittas were very lovely thanks :)

      Delete