Monday 1 July 2013

Meal Plan Monday and other stories...

I've been meaning to do this for a while and inspired by Baking Aitch I am making a start from today.

Having been on holiday I've come back with my cooking mojo which has deserted me of late so this weeks meal plan looks a bit more inspiring than the past few weeks of food (but as I haven't blogged about them you will never know how many ways this girl can eat oven chips and fishfingers)

Monday - Curried Pork and Rice - in the slow cooker as we speak!

Tuesday - Ravioli (Tescos) and HM tomato sauce with whatever else I can find lying about to chuck in

Wednesday - Sausages, Jacket Potatoes and Southern Style Beans (how fab do they sound?! The recipe here is from Pinterest (yes I'm still addicted - more so!) but I'm going to tweak it a bit and bung it all in the slow cooker. Watch this space!!)

Thursday - Lime Chicken Kebabs (a Sainsburies jobby in their 3 meats for £10), new potatoes (possibly smashed and roasted) and salad (I really need to perk my salads up a bit from the boring lettuce, cucumber and tomato so if I have time to find a nice recipe I will do so)

Friday - HM Chilli and Rice for me and hubs and Mac and Cheese for the little man which I'm going to attempt to freeze for next week but not sure if that will work

Saturday - HM Pizza (my fave!)

Sunday - Roast Chicken

Mmmmm my mouth is watering already!  And thanks to my friend Jess I've been inspired to try pork belly so have some plans for meals in a couple of weeks already!!  I can get through anything if I know what I'm eating at the end of it!!

***

We have just come back from a lovely break at Centre Parcs.  What a fabulous place it is, where else do you have these views in the morning 

My little man had the BEST time ever with the motto of why walk somewhere when you can run!??  And what a lesson that was to us - children just run for the sake of running, they don't care where they are going, when they have to get there or what they look like (incredibly cute actually!!) They just run because it's fun!! Not sure I will be running much but it's a good lesson for life.  

Getting away from it all definitely put a few things in perspective and coming back I feel quite inspired to simplify life and concentrate on the really important things in life.  Funnily enough I found this pic on Pinterest (shhh :P ) which pretty much summed up all my aims.  


***

And look how my garden grew whilst we were away :) 

Spring Onions


Strawberries :) 


The £1 rose I rescued after Valentines day in Tescos 


Sunflowers


Pumpkins and carrots 


Sweet Peas

Am very excited about this as nothing I plant ever grows!!!  And these are nearly all from seeds.  Must be the magic watering from the little man.


No comments:

Post a Comment