Monday 19 August 2013

Meal Plan Monday

Really!?!?  Again?!  So soon??  And not much on my little blog for another week...I will rectify that I promise.  I have some new crafty things to show you ...but first lets talk food :)

So last week we had:

Chicken and Rice on Monday which was lush if a tad hotter than intended!!  I used a different curry paste and clearly you don't need so much.  As a result the little man ended up with bread and butter for his dinner as it was too hot for him.  We really enjoyed it though and it's something I used to make a lot but haven't lately.

It's so simple and quick to make - heat some curry paste in a large frying pad and then add some cooked chicken, some frozen peas and some cashew nuts if you have them.  Lightly fry and then add a packet or two of Uncle Bens ready cooked rice - I use the vegetable pilau flavour.  Stir fry till it's all warm and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.  See how easy is that?!

Tuesday night was Egg and Chips as I forgot to get the beef out for the curry! Wednesday night was quorn mince and rice.

Thursday night was paprika chicken and jacket potatoes and veg.  This was a packet I got on offer in Aldi and you cook the chicken along with chorizo, onions and mushrooms (in place of peppers as the boys aren't keen) IN A BAG!! I know!! In a bag - amazing!  Here is said bag having just come out of the oven...


Doesn't look that exciting does it?!!  But it tasted lovely - and was a v cheap meal; made with reduced chicken legs and packet mix and jacket potatoes I got for 21p for 4.  Will be making again.

Friday was these Sweet Chilli Hot Dogs which were lovely.  Saturday was curry from a jar cos it was one of those days!!  And Sunday we had beef casserole done in the slow cooker whilst we were at a boot sale.

On Saturday morning I had a notion to make pancakes and whipped up these little fellas which were lovely :)  
Have always thought pancakes were a bit of a palaver but turns out that's not the case and these worked really well with rice milk.  

So onto this week - hubs is on holiday this week so we are planning to go out and about and therefore this really is subject to change!!! 

Monday - left over beef casserole and rice
Tuesday - Turkey Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries
Wednesday - Chicken in a bag again!!
Thursday  Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas 
Friday - Chilli and Rice
Saturday - I'm hoping to go to the Suffolk Food Hall Fete on Saturday and pick something lovely up from there
Sunday - Roast Pork...possibly! 



2 comments:

  1. Those meals in bags are fab! We all love them here!
    Great meal plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought two more yesterday - so easy and no mess :)

    ReplyDelete