Friday 10 February 2012

Winters here

And so are all the bugs.  We are in the midst of a nasty bug at the moment - well when I say we I mean my little one and the hubby.  I've escaped so far with only a slight queasiness ....although this means I've had to look after everyone else!  Hopefully the bug and the horrible snow will all be gone soon - roll on Spring time.

Talking of spring I'm very pleased with my hyacinths which I planted in October I believe and then left in the garage (ok forgot about in the garage!) As you can see one lot have given lovely blooms and the others are on their way - I will try to remember to take a pic when these ones are in full bloom.



I've finished the pad to go on the fireplace hearth - I covered a large pad of foam cut to size with pirate fabric and then hemmed the edge into which was elastic which I then gathered together to make it stay in place.  Its not perfect but it does the job and does mean we don't have to panic every time Isaac goes near it which is a good thing because a - all his toys are kept on there and b - there are enough other places we are panicking about him getting near!!!   Here's a pic of the finished product




Last Saturday I finally managed to get to make some more bread - again I used the same recipe which calls for a lot of wholemeal flour which I know is difficult to work with.  I am going to try again next time to make some with just white flour.  Whilst making this I thought I would have a morning in the kitchen and made rice pudding (yuk! but the boys liked it!), a quiche, some jam tarts with the left over pastry, cranberry and apple scones and a lemon and poppyseed cake.  And I wonder why I never loose weight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment