Tuesday 28 February 2012

Sausage Rolls



No crafting this week - think I've run out of steam on that front at the moment!! lol!

Made this lovely batch of sausage rolls at the weekend though which I have been told by hubby are amazing (think they are quite nice myself!!) and so the batch I put in the freezer has already been taken out!  Very easy to make - fry some onion, apple (both cut up small) and some thyme with some oil and then mix into a pack of sausages taken out of their skins.  Then cut some rolled out puff pastry into strips and put the sausage mix into the pastry and roll up, sealing and covering the tops with a beaten egg and milk  Cook until brown - these are gorgeous.  The recipe is from the Hungry Innocent cook book which is one of the best I've ever read so would highly recommend.

In the brightly coloured pots is my deconstructed fish pie for the little one.  I baked some potatoes and scooped out the potato from the skins and mixed with some fish that I cooked in a pan, some peas and carrots left over from our roast and a cheese sauce.  He loved it - proper nursery food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment