Tuesday 8 October 2013

Meal Plan Monday - ish!

I'm late again I know!!!  But at least I'm here which is one up on last week but I have a good excuse!  Last Monday I was full up with cold so left meal planning till the evening and then got distracted setting up a brand new spanking spreadsheet listing all my usual recipes and adding new ones I want to try - mainly from my ridiculously organised folder of cut out recipes from magazines, pinterest and Paul Hollywood's baking book (anal me?!?!).  I really want to get my food groove back on and work my way through new recipes and new techniques and hopefully tell you lovely lot about my adventures.


So that was all very exciting and organised and we went off shopping on Tuesday morning with a plan in hand and then BOOM - literally!  Someone bumped into the back of my car and all plans went out the window!! Thankfully me and the little man are both ok - well I'm suffering but with lots of aches and pains but thankfully nothing major but it threw my week off totally.

In amongst the chaos I did manage to do a bit of cooking

Jack Monroes Soda Bread - I've been wanting to make soda bread for ages but as I'm dairy free I've been put off but had a go at this with soya milk and a bit of lemon and it worked quite well but did have an odd aftertaste.  Think I will try again with oat milk or coconut milk next time.  


Me and little man made some cheese scones - or 'teese' scones as he would say.  Was adorable as we were rolling them out he went and got his play dough cutters to make different shapes! And this morning when we were doing play dough he went and put the cut out shapes on the oven to cook!! <3


And then on Sunday I quickly made this - Chocolate Cobbler.  Which was slightly overcooked as the sauce wasn't really there but the little man still managed two portions of it!!  I did significantly cut down the amount of sugar in it (probably by half) and I was not worse for it :) 

So onto this week and I've made the following plan:

Monday - Mince Beef and Onion Pie
Tuesday - One Pot Chicken Pasta
Wednesday - Gammon, J Potatoes and Veg/Beans
Thursday - Pea and Ham Soup & Bread
Friday - Chilli Dogs and Chips
Saturday - Calzones
Sunday - Roast Chicken - if I can remember to take the damn thing out of the freezer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment